Wednesday, February 13, 2008

CHAPTER 2- Audri's Senpai

The sun blazes down moving across the sky as the day goes on. A small breeze makes it's way through the blanket of leaves that surround the trunk of a large tree. A few small leaves glide towards the ground. A leaf lands on the face of a shivering young boy sleeping at the base of the tree.

"AAAHHHH!!!" Audri snaps up in terror.

A man sits on a log cooking fish over a camp fire.

"Quiet down over there!" the man says.
"Wh-Who are you?" asks Audri asks
"Just call me Ulysses... you hungry?"

Ulysses turns the fish to Audri. Audri starts to scoot away. Ulysses can see Audri's hesitation.

"Hey now, don't move. You almost drowned..."

Ulysses bites a chunk out of a fish but continues to talk...

"doo soodn't ve moobin' nin door kondishin"
"Anyone ever tell you not ta talk with your mouth full?" Audri remarks

Ulysses gulps down the fish

"Yes... and now they're dead"

Ulysses gives a devious smirk. A look of fear washes over Audri's face.

"What are you going to do with me?"

Ulysses slides the pan over to Audri.

"You don't need to be scared kid, I'm just gonna feed you and send you on your way"

Audri jumps up.

"You're just gonna leave me here? I don't even know where I am!"

Ulysses looks up at Audri and takes another bite of fish.

"What do you want me to do kid? I don't even know you, and only God knows why or how you were running on that lake. I can't take care of you... I've got my own demons that need to be delt with."

Ulysses stands up and kicks dirt on the fire.

"Looks like you're up and kickin'... so I guess it's time to go."
"But..."
"Eat the fish and go home kid"

Ulysses starts to walk towards the forrest.

"But that's just it... I don't have a home."

Ulysses stops dead in his tracks. He turns around.

"What do you mean?"
"My mother was killed last night..."
"You've gotta be kidding me"
"I'm not... it was a big brutish man and a guy with an 'N' shaped scar"

Ulysses rubs his chin and thinks for a moment...
"Nalin, huh?" he mudders to himself.
"Looks like you're in deep shit kid"

Ulysses whips around and takes a few steps. Audri sits down with a look of defeat smeared across his face.

Ulysses stops suddenly.

"Well kid... Are you coming?"

Audri hops up.

"Yeah!"

Audri runs to Ulysses' side.

"My name's Audri by the way"
"Whatever kid, just grab the fish before we go."

Ulysses and Audri walk off into the forrest.

No comments: